Site Player

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Gifts: A Tale of Ingenuity

Hi there.

How's it been going for you? Over the last few weeks, I have been toiling away making homemade gifts. Mind you, as a self-employed person, I always planned on making gifts. Had I planned on making them so soon? Nope!

That is, my mother and her sisters decided to visit their brother and wanted me to make him a sweet potato bread.  Oh,  and they wanted me to make it diabetic friendly. And they wanted to leave Saturday morning at 10 am. Did I tell you that they told me this on Friday afternoon? I didn't? Well, it happened.
So, the moral of the story is this: always have basic ingredients on hand to whip up something delicious on the fly. And always have a trusted source from which you can always pull recipes. Before the Internet and it's infinite food blogs, that source was Southern Living. What's yours?

Anyhoo, I decided to mail out a package of spiced sweet potato bread (sweetened with splenda) and cinnamon honey butter, banana peanut butter bread with chocolate chips, leftover cinnamon pecan biscotti, mild Chili cheese hearts, and popped dome popcorn. I also included chocolate truffles, chocolate coconut truffles, white chocolate lemon truffles and white chocolate coconut truffles.  They were all a hit.

You can check out the end results below. Did you do anything creative for your Christmas gifts? If so, what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment