Site Player

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Roasted Tomato Soup

http://instagram.com/p/Ztzc0CulKi/

Ever have some produce in your fridge that was just starting to go bad? Before I started mastering home economics, I would simply throw it out. Now, I have learned to use what I can in creative ways. So I made this roasted tomato soup with thyme,onion,and garlic; all of which I need to use up.
The recipe is simple. Simply throw everything in a pan (skins and all), drizzle with olive oil and season salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 350 until soft. Puree and add water and additional seasoning to taste. I added sugar, dried italian seasoning and nutmeg. You could add cumin, chipotle peppers, and sour cream or bourbon and bacon ...
You're only limited by your imagination. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment