Site Player

Sunday, February 24, 2013

No comments from the Peanut Gallery: Peanut butter pudding

Peanut Butter Pudding


I have been on an unintended pudding kick. Don't get me wrong, I was that kid that wanted pudding in my daily school lunch, but I moved away from it. Now, I find myself constantly craving creamy, cool, pudding. Constantly making chocolate pudding because I have the ingredients on hand, can get old. 

Successfully making vanilla pudding, made me question what other flavors could be made. A few months ago, Joy the Baker suggested making chocolate and peanut butter pudding, but I ignored it because I did not have many of the ingredients on hand. However, the concept of peanut butter pudding intrigued me. After some google searches, I decided to make a small batch of peanut butter pudding to use as a garnish to my chocolate pudding. I was smart to make a small batch because this baby is rich! Use with caution!


This recipe was adapted from the peanut butter pudding recipe, found here. 

I decided to only make half of this recipe, but increase the peanut butter. To make a small batch:

Sift together 1/4 c of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of 2% milk and continue whisking until the mixture thickens and it bubbles around the perimeter of the pot. Take off of heat and whisk in 1/2 c creamy peanut butter and 1 tsp vanilla paste. Pour into serving container(s) and place a piece of cling wrap directly on the pudding and chill for at least 2 hours.



Here are some ideas for serving:

First, this rich pudding can be eaten alone, but you can kick it up by:

  • Remixing the banana pudding, by adding sliced bananas and cookies (graham crackers, ginger snaps, Nilla Wafers or Oreos).
  • With cinnamon whipped cream
  • With chocolate pudding as a Reese's Parfait (as I did in the picture above).
  • With chips: chocolate (white, dark, etc.), toffee, peanut butter, or cinnamon.


How would you eat your Peanut Butter Pudding?

No comments:

Post a Comment